I am Phil Thompson, your Joint Area Coordinator for 2016 / 2017
I live in a village on the outskirts of Doncaster and have lived in Doncaster all my life. I am married to Moira, who I have been married to for 38 years in March this year. We also share our house with our mad English Springer Hugo.
As well as my passion for MX-5’s, my other passion is for Barnsley Football Club. I have been a season ticket holder for many years, and seen them through good times and bad!
We are both passionate food lovers, with curries being our favourite food!
We have joint memberships of the MX-5 Owners Club and this will be our fourth year of membership. Last year I was Joint Area Coordinator with Wayne Webster.
We have had three MX-5’s. The first was a 1990 MK1 1.6 Eunos. The second was a 2004 1.8 Sport VVT and we currently have a 2013 Sport Tech Nav in Pearlescent White, 2 litre. I have added one or two modifications to add a little more fun: a remap, from Autotronix Developments, 4 in 1 manifold and a stainless steel exhaust. The car is called Katie, which we named after Moira’s Mum.
My duties as Area Coordinator are quite varied. Main duties are as follows:
- Responsible for implementing club practices and compliances with procedures, and promoting the ethos of the MX-5 Owners Club;
- To authorise and govern local activities, to ensure that they comply with the National guidelines and to ensure that organised runs and socials are listed on the National website ‘Events Section’, to provide liability for the Club;
- To provide welcoming and informative guidance to new members and to make sure that they are made welcome, explaining Tulip Maps and the use of 2 way radios;
- Deal with Administration tasks associated with the Club, liaising with the National Committee and other Area Coordinators;
- Attending the AGM for the Area Coordinators, along with my AAC;
- arranging periodic Yorkshire Ridings Committee meetings, with my AAC, Treasurer, Newsletter Editor and Webmaster, to make local decisions regarding the running of the Club;
- To arrange to hold an AGM to elect a Committee and present awards for the year;
- Administrate the Yorkshire Ridings Facebook Group (closed page ) adding members who meet the criteria, and monitoring posts that are deemed to be offensive, or with inappropriate language and deleting said posts that could cause offence and create disaffection with the Club;
- Add a Birthday Greetings to the Yorkshire Ridings Facebook Group and also the individuals Facebook page.
Since we have joined the MX-5 Owners Club, we have never made so many friends, been to places we have never been before and we have ‘ Had a Laugh’, the motto of Yorkshire Ridings, which I look forward to ensuring that we continue throughout my time as Joint AC.
My contact number is
m: 07432 671969