“May the Force be with you run”
Sunday 5th August 2018
Richard & Antonia have kindly offered to organise and lead the run and invite you all to join them.
Details for this event are as follows:
1. Meeting at 10:00 for a 10:30am set off.
2. Start Location: Wetherby Services. Post Code: LS22 5GT
3. Format of the day: Meet and greet at Wetherby Services for the distribution of tulip maps, radios and a safety briefing and some of Antonia’s goodies.
The run will take us on some nice twisty roads to our first 40 minute comfort stop at Jervaulx Abbey Tea Rooms (Post Code HG4 4PH) where toilets and refreshments are available.
We will then get back to the twisties and head for our second stop at Bowes Museum Barnard Castle (DL12 8NP). This is just a quick stop for photos and again toilets are available.
From there we head on to our destination of High Force Waterfall on the best roads that Teesdale has to offer.
There is a large parking and picnic area at High Force. Richard has managed to negotiate free parking at High Force, but they require our reg numbers to be entre in their computer, but they want them in advance. Please could you email Richard with your reg numbers. We shall be partaking of a picnic so pack your sandwiches and pop.
In case of inclement weather or for those who would prefer it the High Force Hotel is adjacet to the car park serving “pub grub” which can be ordered at the bar.
For nature lovers there is a short walk to the High Force Waterfall at a further cost of £1.50.
4. We will leave High Force after the picnic and head for Mainsgill Farm Shop on the A66 where we will say our goodbyes and maybe purchase a pie or two for tea.
5. Attendance: Please add your names to the ‘Attendance List’ via this Facebook Group advert or let Richard & Antonia know direct.
Richard & Antonia.
Email: email: Antoniahirst@hotmail.com