CHRISTMAS 2018 RUN EVENT DETAILS
‘MX5 Christmas Tour de Yorkshire’
Sunday 02 December 2018
Merry Xmas one and all. The Yorkshire Ridings MX5 Club would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.
Andy, Wendy and Keith Leainvite you to join them as they Sleigh around the North Yorkshire moors on this year’s Christmas themed run and social.
Details of this event are:
Christmas themed Fun run:This is another event where we ‘get into the Christmas spirit’, throwing away our inhibitions and each of us getting dressed up and dressing up our 5’s! The day will include members attending voting on the best Christmas fancy dressed ‘Car’ and ‘Person(s)’, where prizes will be awarded at the end of the day.
Start Point:‘The Café & Bistro’ @Thorpe Arch Retail Park, near Wetherby LS23 7FE.
Run Depart Time:10:30
Run: The first part of the run works its way through Boroughbridge, Ripon and Masham with a 45-minute stop at Fearby.
Stop 1: Black Swan Inn, Fearby, HG4 4NF;
Run:The second part of the run will take us through Lofthouse, Pateley Bridge, Ripley Castle to the Dower House and Spa Hotel at Knaresborough.
Xmas Festive Lunch and Social:Approx:2:00pm
Xmas Lunch Location: Dower House Spa Hotel, Bond End, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire HG5 9AL
3 Course festive lunch as per attached link (in FB Files)@ £15.95 per person.
- = Butternut Squash & Sweet Potato Soup (Thyme roasted croutons)
- = Chicken Liver Pate (Cranberry compote, warm brioche, dressed salad)
- = Cod and Chorizo Croquettes (Rocket leaves, chive mayonnaise, chorizo oil
- = Butter Roasted Yorkshire Turkey Breast (Chipolata stuffing & all the trimmings)
- = Grilled Sea Bass (New potatoes, sautéed Julienne of vegetables, chive & tomato cream sauce)
- = Aubergine, Goats Cheese & Sun-blushed Tomato Wellington (Tomato and basil sauce)
- = Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding
- = Steamed Christmas Pudding (Brandy cream sauce, redcurrants
- = Toffee and Hazelnut Cheesecake (Caramel glaze)
- = Vanilla Panna Cotta (Winter berry compote, raspberry coulis, tuile biscuit
Please make your menu choices and add to your attendance notification on Facebook or letAndy H know direct, who will add to a central list. Andy would like to send an initial list to the hotel by 28 November.
Those attending will beasked to vote on the top three ‘themed’ cars and top 3 ‘Fancy Dressed’ members (Male, Female and Couple).
Attendance: Please add your names to the attendance list via Facebook Group or let Andy know directly.
Mobile: Andy 07508 890798
Rooms: For info – Limited double B&B room are available @ £50 each room, please enquire direct to 01423 863302.